That said, we're humbled by your overwhelming vote to call us. (The picture attached here is one Jim Cawthon took last week on Sunday night.) Wow! We were so blessed by your kindness and grace when we were there last week. We have been so blessed by the kind notes of welcome and encouragement we've received this week. Thanks for all of your hospitality and thanks in advance for the wonderful journey we will share.
Please know that we've been praying for the FBC family fervently for some time now. For the last several weeks, we've prayed specifically for you by name with a church directory provided by your search committee. I look forward to sharing fellowship, worship and life together for years to come.
So what should you expect from me?
(1) Expect me to be passionate about preaching, loving people and sharing Jesus with people!
(2) Expect me to lead with as much enthusiasm and passion as possible!
(3) Expect me to be active in the Midland community as well as FBC. That's been my habit and I expect it will continue. Shepherds go where people are.
(4) Expect me to make LOTS of mistakes. My view of leadership says if I'm not making mistakes, I'm probably not trying very hard.
(5) Expect me to do my best to learn names, faces and family connections. Help me by cueing me frequently!
(6) Expect me to make my own family a priority. The title I love best is "husband" and "daddy". I'll tell you now I won't always be available. The best gift I can give FBC is theist version of myself. I do that best by making room and time for my family.
What can you do for me and my family?
(1) You can pray for my mother's healing. Her treatments are going well and she's back at work, but we're praying for her healing just the same.
(2) You can pray for the sale of our home. The housing market here in Jacksonville isn't quite like the one in Midland. Pray for the right buyer and the right timing.
(3) You can pray for our transition to Midland. We'll be moving the week of January 25th. For a season, we'll stay at the house next door to the Sunshine House. It's a fine place! Don't be surprised if you see us bumping around town that week.(4) You can pray for our beloved Central Baptist Church family as they begin their search for God's man to lead.
(5) You can pray for the right house for us at the right time to buy in Midland. We've looked a little and have looked online some, but that's not the same. We'll begin a true search in earnest soon.