Wednesday - June 26 2019


Wednesday – June 26

We left St Mary Magdalene’s Retreat center this morning and headed for Magnet school.  It was a short drive – maybe 45 minutes.  When we arrived, Bishop’s wife Susan had prepared as American style a breakfast as I’ve had since we left the states.  Pancakes, toasts, jam, boiled eggs, bananas, watermelon, mangoes and milk.  I ate like I hadn’t in weeks. 

After breakfast, it was nearly time for Mike, Christian and Tuesday to leave for the airport.  But before they did, the children of Magnet gave us a brief demonstration.  First, the older grades – essentially 8-12 grades.  160 of them.  Then, after the older ones were dismissed, the younger ones.  120 of them.  Both presentations were heartfelt and blessed.  The children were eager and passionate about seeing and meeting us.  Bishop threw both Mike and Christian in head-first by calling on them impromptu to offer a greeting!

We left for the airport quickly thereafter.  I rode with them to see them off.  

We came back to Magnet.  Bishop showed me to my room.  I’ll be here for all but one night of the next 8.  It’s a large room with a water heater, mosquito netting over the bed and two sitting room chairs.  The only one even close to this nice is Bishop’s house.  The room is named in honor of our church and has a picture of our church and of me displayed on the dresser.  Talk about feeling small.  I never imagined that.  We didn’t give to be recognized.  We gave to be a blessing.  I put Julie and Josh’s picture up in front of mine.  I’d rather see them. 

Bishop walked me all over the campus and we talked about our plans for the week and what that means for our team.  

I spent the afternoon teaching 12th graders a crash course in Nehemiah.  Of course, I spent the previous two hours cramming.  If it had been a Gospel of John review or Ephesians, I would’ve had much less trouble, but Nehemiah isn’t my specialty. 

I have no more responsibilities today.  Tomorrow, Bishop has promised to take me to a wild life preserve.  I’ll miss the chance to go with our team next week because of my need to get home for Sunday.  This will be a real treat! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SBC Meeting #2 - June 14 2023

SBC meeting - June 13 2023

Home