The events of the last couple of days have caused me to consider how our story would be different if we hadn't prepared ourselves for the IRS "storm." How many people are struggling with finances? How many people are struggling with cuts backs or layoffs at work? How many people are wondering how in the world God is going to show Himself in this circumstance? I don't know the answer to that. But I do know who to ask.
Tomorrow, April 15, is a perfect day to set aside in prayer for our nation. We've all been affected by the economy. It's time to take it to the one who can do something about it. Churches across our state are being asked to pray for at least five things:
- Families facing financial struggles as a result of job loss and cut-backs
- Churches to respond with sensitivity and compassion to those in need
- Local, state and national elected officials to use wisdom in leadership
- Opportunities to share the good news of Jesus clearly and effectively; and
- Humility, repentance and true spiritual awakening in our nation