In Honor of our Veterans

Since I was quite young, I've had a fascination with the military. Perhaps its because my father was an US Army Drill Sergeant when I was born and a Vietnam Vet. My dad was in the US Army and served in post-war Germany in the 1950's. My grandfather was a member of the US Army Air Corp in WWII. I've got a cousin in the Navy and another cousin in the Marines.
I was taught a perspective that sees the power of our veterans service, a respect that runs deep within me for their hard work and sacrifice. With that in mind, I offer you a pair of links on this Veterans Day.
The first link features the Gray Eagles Foundation. A group of P-51 fighter pilots from WWII who are refurbishing some of the P-51s they used to fly. The link I'm providing is specifically about a grandfather fighter pilot. His grandson was a part of the group to renovate the grandfather's P-51. Wonderful story.
The second link I'm providing is the story of an infantryman from Bentely, LA.. Meet Mr. Willis Prather, part of the invading force on D-Day. Assigned to the US Army 82nd Airborne Division, he landed in Normandy in a glider. Mr Prather went on to fight in the Battle of the Bulge and the march toward Berlin. It's men like Mr Prather and the Gray Eagles to whom we owe a deep debt of gratitude. May the Lord bless them and remind us to express our gratitude to them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SBC Meeting #2 - June 14 2023

SBC meeting - June 13 2023

Home