Mission Trip preparation

So I've been getting ready for Mission Trip this week. We leave one week from Sunday! I'm excited about going but in a strange sort of way. I can't help but wonder what the Lord has in store for us. The details for work are sketchy at best. We know this: we're going to work at whatever the Lord places before us. When we get there, we'll be passionate and work hard at whatever we do.

I like to think of myself as a planner, so not having a plan is forcing me to rethink things - and forcing me into a dependence on God's directing hand, not my capacity to plan. It's forced me to get my thoughts together and say "I'm going even though I don't know what I'll do once I'm there." In a way, it's reminscent of Hebrews 11:8 - "By faith, Abraham obeyed the Lord and went, even though he didn't know where he was going."

If you're going with us, prepare your heart by preparing your mind to be flexible. Flexibility means the ability to bend as necessary. It's not a sign of weakness, but rather a sign of willingness. We'll talk more about that later, but for now, let's say the Lord is going to use us and we'll be ready when He is!

See You in Galveston!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Darin
I was informed today of Keno's death, and my heart was saddened. I have not talked with Keno in a long time, but we played baseball together at TJC. Do not know a way to get in contact with his parents or Tish so if you have a chance and remember my name, will you please tell them that Jon DuBroc is so sorry, and that I am praying for them in this difficult time? I would really appreciate it. If I still lived in TX I would find a way to drive in for the service, but my family and I recently moved to St Louis.
Thank you so much!

Popular posts from this blog

SBC Meeting #2 - June 14 2023

SBC meeting - June 13 2023

Home