My other great passion

My greatest passion is seeing people come to faith in Christ and see their lives transformed by that knowledge. My other great passion is textual criticism - the process of working with the word of God in its ancient manuscripts. While that might sound as boring as watching the paint dry, it makes my heart beat fast and my palms sweaty. It was the focus of my dissertation and a longtime interest for me. In participating in projects like the International Greek New Testament Project based in Muenster, Germany, I get to stay connected to that work, hopefully for a lifetime. It's a complicated field with lots of room for misunderstanding so I don't often discuss it with people. I recently found an exceptional introduction written by the director of the center where I volunteer. Here's a link to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SBC Meeting #2 - June 14 2023

SBC meeting - June 13 2023

Home