Leaving for THE trip

Last year, right before I was diagnosed with cancer, I had a wonderful invitation to join a pastor training conference in Ethiopia.  After I was diagnosed, I had to bail.  Before I did, however, my friend Getaneh told me, "When you're over this, we'll get you to East Africa."  Tomorrow morning, I'll find the truth of his prophecy. 

I'm leaving tomorrow on a 2 week trip.  On this trip, I'll visit Ethiopia, Kenya and Lebanon.  Following the example of the Apostle Paul, I'm going to encourage and equip churches and their leaders, to see our mission partners in action where they serve and to be encouraged.  I'd be lying if I said the trip didn't intimidate me a little.  I stacked it this way because of the vicinity of these partners and the cost-effectiveness of making one trip instead of three.  It SEEMED like a good idea.  Now, the night before I leave, the idea of being away from my family and my church family for 2 weeks seems daunting.  I'll miss home terribly.  But this is a plan we must execute.  Tomorrow morning, I'll fly to DC and spend the night.  Friday morning, we'll board a non-stop flight to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.  Sunday-Wednesday, I'll be serving as a part of a teaching team for leaders and churches in Adama, Ethiopia.  I'm truly humbled by that.  What can I bring to them?  Nothing but the heart of one who longs to be used by the Spirit of God.  I'm confident we'll learn much from each other. 

If you're interested, check back here.  I'll be posting updates on this blog and on my Facebook account as I have signal to do so.  In the meantime, pray for our trip, my family and the Kingdom of Christ. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SBC Meeting #2 - June 14 2023

SBC meeting - June 13 2023

Home