February 26 was not my favorite day

Some days are better than others. Some days are worse. Yesterday was in the "worse" category. Our dear friends Jim and Sue Smith lost their 39 yr old son yesterday. We'll lay him to rest later in the week at Frankston City Cemetery. Jimmy was about my age, bringing the tragedy even closer to home. I sat with them and grieved for awhile saying little or nothing since there are no words for sorrow that deep. We'll formulate a church response when we have exact funeral arrangements.
Jimmy grew up here and was baptized at our previous facility. He leaves behind two lovely daughters who'll miss their daddy deeply and two grief stricken parents who'll miss their beloved son.
Last night, I got a call from some dear friends in Corsicana, people I've known since at least 2001. Or at least I thought I knew them. "Fred" (not his real name) left his family, abandoning his beautiful teenage daughters and his wife of more than two decades. May I be transparent for a moment? I wanted to get in my truck, drive over to Corsicana and pick up a buddy of mine and then find "Fred". We'd take turns whupping him until he came back to his senses! Pray for "Fred" and his family.
When I went to bed last night, I laid awake for sometime talking with the Lord asking what in the world was going on! I was reminded of his comments in John 10 - "I am the Good Shepherd and I care for my sheep." In other words, when you don't understand the plan, understand the Shepherd. Join me in praying that the Good Shepherd will shower his comfort, mercy and grace on all those who need it today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SBC Meeting #2 - June 14 2023

SBC meeting - June 13 2023

Home