Home

We're back. What a great time we had! It was an awesome time to spend with us before next week. A brief recap:
Monday - We went to the Alamo and the Dallas Cowboys Training Camp at the Alamodome. Both super cool! While I've been to the Alamo many, many times ( I once had a job that had a significant amount of travel around the state and San Antonio was a regular stop), I never cease to be impressed by it. It stirs the love of history and Texas within me and causes me, once again, to thank God for this amazing and wonderful land in which we live.
As for the Cowboys,I've long wanted to go to Training camp just for the experience. It was no disappointment! It was great to see the Cowboys up close - I'll never be able to afford seats that close at the new stadium - and the best part was it was FREE! Since we had parked downtown, we didn't even pay a parking fee!
Tuesday - Literally, we did nothing. We slept late, swam in the hotel pool, ate a late lunch and went shopping. My favorite stop was Half-Price books. I'm such a book junkie!
Wednesday - We went to SeaWorld! Julie and I went to the one in San Diego a few years ago and I'd been to one like it when I was a kid in Arlington, TX, but it was still mega-cool to me. Of course, Shamu was the star attraction for much of it, but we spent a good part of the day in the water park, a wonderful and welcome addition. The crowd was light - Julie and I walked on to the Great White Roller Coaster with no wait at ALL! - and the weather wasn't as hot as it had been so it was great! The bad part was my best Nike shoes had a blowout while we were there. Strangest thing - the air pocket on the right heel expanded creating a lump of air for me to walk on the rest of the day!
Thursday - Came home, but not before we went to the Outlet malls in San Marcos. I had to have a new pair of Nikes!
So now its Saturday and, for the first time in a long time, I'm not preaching tomorrow. I'm not really sure what to do with that other than wait expectantly for Monday and my first day in the CBC offices. If you're a CBC member, pray for us as we begin this journey together!

Comments

Res2sGal said…
Come on home, man. We are ready for you and your family! Take your time settling in...and remember your job description...feed the sheep....lead the sheep....encourage the sheep. But the day-to-day can kill you if you don't delegate. Been there done that! You have a group of prayer warriors who are fighting battles unseen and praying for your family to have wisdom in decision making. God bless you!! We ARE praying!

Popular posts from this blog

SBC Meeting #2 - June 14 2023

SBC meeting - June 13 2023

Home