Getting my mind right

Each day I get an email from Zondervan Publishing House, printers of the New International Version Bible. They send me a random verse per day, completely random to me although I'm sure they have some sort of plan involved. The amazing thing is how timely these verses seem to be for me. Today was a great example. Although this week has been nothing short of amazing, it's always tough starting a new gig. Having to ask such mundane questions - like "where do we keep the pens?" or "how do I mail this?" or, my personal favorite for myself, "How do I turn on the copier?" - it's a reminder that we're still getting our feet on the ground. Thus, when I opened that email this morning, I couldn't help but smile. Today's verse is Isaiah 26:3 - "You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." This week hasn't been trying because of my job or the people I work with - far from it. But has been a challenge in focusing my heart and mind on Christ and not all that needs to be done. We'll get there - I just know it - but my calling is still to keep my mind centered on Christ, not the tasks he's placed before me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SBC Meeting #2 - June 14 2023

SBC meeting - June 13 2023

Home